WPHX is committed to supporting non-profit community organizations through public service announcements (PSAs). We welcome written submissions with or without date specific information. WPHX staff members or volunteers will consult with members of your organization to help create informative and effective announcements. Once approved by the WPHX management or operations team, your announcement(s) will be broadcast on 101.9FM on a regular schedule, dates and times to be decided by WPHX.
If advertising a particular event, copy must be submitted at least a month in advance. If you are preparing your announcement(s) without the assistance of WPHX, be certain that all information is clear and concise. Always remember to keep your announcement(s) brief, 20 – 25 seconds. It’s also a good idea to refer listeners to your website for additional information. PSAs may be submitted to by clicking here. Please be sure to include the official name of your organization as registered with the State of Florida and/or the IRS. Also let us know if your organization is a 501(c)(3). If this is your first request for broadcast, please be prepared to provide your IRS Determination Letter. Submission of information does not guarantee acceptance of specific scheduling.
FCC and IRS Guidelines
The Federal Communications Commission and the Internal Revenue Service have established strict guidelines for PSAs on all United States Radio Stations. These guidelines must be strictly adhered to. Please be certain you keep these guidelines in mind when you prepare your announcement(s) for submission to WPHX.
- Announcements may not include an inducement to buy, sell, rent or lease.
- Announcements may not contain prices, including fees.
- Announcements may not be for commercial purposes. If it involves money or measurable benefit, the recipient must have 501(c)(3) status.
- Announcements may not contain comparative or qualitative language, like “The best in SouthShore.”
- Announcements may not contain a call to action, such as “be sure to attend” or “Hurry in today.”
WPHX volunteers will help you navigate this restrictive and somewhat confining space. As your community radio station, we’re committed to helping non-profit organizations get their messages out to our community.